This bright, healthy curried cauliflower soup recipe is flavor-loaded and full of good stuff, like curry, cumin, onions, garlic, and lemon. Plus cauliflower, carrots, celery, and lentils, all blended together until smooth, delicious, and golden.
About this curried cauliflower soup recipe with lentils (plus the sniffles and meal prep)
Guys, I’m currently fighting a serious case of the sniffles (they will not win) and this bright, healthy curried cauliflower soup recipe is full of cold-fighting, good things. Ingredients like onion, garlic, lemon juice, curry, and cumin. Plus loads of veggies, including cauliflower, carrots, and celery. Lentils round out the soup, which is blended until smooth and delicious. I’m going to live in this soup until I feel better.
In addition to
Meal prep planning
In addition to soup, my deep freeze is seeing some chili and stew action, plus, this Rockin Moroccan Stew recipe (from the Looneyspoons ladies) is in the schedule. It’s SO. GOOD. You should make it. Right after making this curried cauliflower soup.
If you give this curried cauliflower soup a try, let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
Want more yummy soup recipes? Check out these favorites!
Curried Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower head washed and broken into small florets
- 1 large carrot peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 3 celery stalks washed and roughly chopped
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1800 ml chicken broth or vegetable broth 2 cartons
- 540 ml lentils 1 can – drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Juice of 1 lemon
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stovetop pot, over medium-high heat, sauté cauliflower florets, carrots, celery, garlic, and onion in olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients (broth, lentils, cumin, curry, lemon, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, let simmer for 30-35 minutes. All the veggies should be tender.
- Using a hand-held immersion blender, blend until smooth. OR transfer in batches to a blender and blend until smooth.
Leave a Reply