This healthy broccoli soup is packed with healthy, feel-good ingredients like onion, carrots, celery, potato, garlic, and of course, broccoli. Serve with homemade croutons, lots of pepper, and parmesan shavings for the perfect lunch or cozy dinner.
Sometimes, a hearty, healthy soup is in order. Especially in the dead of winter, and especially after lots of holiday indulging ✋
About this Healthy Broccoli Soup
- This soup is simple to make and uses everyday fridge and pantry staples that you likely have on hand.
- You’ll need to set aside 10 minutes give or take to prep and chop all the veggies and 25 to 30 minutes for simmering.
- Use a hand-held immersion blender to make this soup smooth and creamy, or use a blender (in batches— and please be careful when transferring the hot liquid!).
- Add a little indulgence by serving with homemade croutons, garlic bread, parmesan, or cheddar shavings.
- Freeze any leftover soup in an airtight container. Try to use it within 3 months.
Handy kitchen tools for making soup
- This immersion blender is what I use. It’s heavy-duty and I love the add-ons it comes with.
- For a truly smooth soup, you can’t beat using a Vitamix.
- A durable stove to oven pot / dutch oven. This 6 quart Lodge pot is the perfect size for soup making.
If you give this healthy broccoli soup a try, let me know in the comments below. I love to hear from you!
Looking for more cozy soup recipes? These are my favorites:
Healthy Broccoli Soup
- 1 large broccoli
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 large carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 celery stalks roughly chopped
- 3 russet potatoes peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash of worcestershire sauce
- Dash of celery salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- In a large stovetop pot, saute onions, celery, carrots, and garlic in olive oil until tender (5-10 minutes).
- Add in the uncooked potatoes and broccoli (broken into small florets), chicken stock to cover, bay leaves, worcestershire, celery salt, nutmeg, and onion powder. Bring to a boil.
- Once the potatoes and broccoli are tender (about 25-30 minutes) remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree until smooth with either a hand-held blender or transfer to a regular blender and puree in batches.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Enjoy!