Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe with Quinoa || Taste-wise, think deconstructed sushi, with—in addition to quinoa and salmon—chopped avocado, cucumber, shredded carrot, and green onions, all lightly dressed in a sushi-inspired blend of avocado oil, rice wine, and tamari.
About this salmon poke bowl recipe
Meet my go-to lunch of late. This super healthy, flavor-packed, easy-to-make salmon poke bowl recipe with quinoa and loads of veggies.
Guys, this salmon poke bowl is so yummy. I ate this for lunch three days straight. Because one, it’s delicious. Two, with the quinoa and salmon cooked ahead of time, it is SO quick to make. And three, it’s super healthy—hello good fats (salmon and avocado) and protein (quinoa).
Let’s talk food prep.
At the beginning of the week, I often make a batch of quinoa to have on hand for quick, healthy lunches. I can’t recommend this enough. Quinoa is perfect for throwing into salads and it keeps for a good few days in the refrigerator.
How to cook quinoa?
- Rinse 1 cup of dry quinoa in cold water.
- Place the rinsed quinoa in a small stop top pot with a glug of olive oil and toast the quinoa over medium-high heat for a minute or two.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let the quinoa simmer for 12-15 minutes (uncovered) until all the water is absorbed.
Store the quinoa in the same pot (covered) in the fridge for 2-3 days, using it for salads like this herb-loaded kale and quinoa salad.
How to make this Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe
- To make your life that much easier, cook your salmon and quinoa ahead of time. I like to have roasted salmon or chicken in the fridge, ready for lunchtime use.
- With the salmon and quinoa ready to go, prep the avocado, cucumber, carrot, and green onion. Place the veggies in a medium-sized salad/serving bowl, alongside the salmon and quinoa.
- In a mason jar (or small bowl), combine the avocado oil, rice wine vinegar, and tamari).
- Drizzle over the salmon poke bowl and sprinkle some black and white sesame seeds over the top. Mix and dig in.
Portion-wise, this salmon poke bowl recipe makes a yummy, healthy lunch (or dinner) for one, but it can be easily adapted for a larger crowd. It also works well as a side, without the salmon, and would be equally good served with some crispy, tofu.
If you give this salmon poke bowl recipe a try, let me know in the comments below. I love to hear from you!
Looking for easy, healthy lunch recipes? Try these favs!
- Sweet potato buddha bowl
- Fav green salad
- Herb-loaded kale and quinoa salad
- Coconut and sweet potato soup
Salmon Poke Bowl Recipe with Quinoa
- 1/2 cup roasted salmon
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa tri-color or regular
- 1 medium carrot peeled and shredded
- 1 green onion washed and chopped
- 1 small cucumber washed and chopped into small bites
- half a ripe avocado chopped into bites
- black and white sesame seeds to garnish
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp tamari sub – soya sauce
- Prep/chop veggies and place in a medium-sized salad bowl, along with the salmon and quinoa.
- In a mason jar (or bowl) combine dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing over the salmon, quinoa and veggies.
- Add a pinch of kosher salt and garnish with black and white sesame seeds.
- Mix and enjoy!