The best salsa recipe || This restaurant-style salsa is fresh and full of flavor, made with canned tomatoes, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, onion, cumin, garlic, carrot, and strawberries.
About this salsa recipe with strawberries
The plan was to share this salsa recipe pre-Cinco de Mayo, but here we are, May 9th…so, Mother’s Day it is.
This recipe is made with tomatoes and few strawberries for sweetness. Strawberries take this salsa to next-level yumminess. They also add a natural, subtle sweetness and replace the need to use sugar, which most salsa recipes call for.
In addition to the strawberries, chopped carrot adds flavor and texture and some veggie goodness to this delicious corn chip companion. The recipe also calls for onions, garlic, limes, cumin, fresh cilantro, and jalapeno. You know, all the flavor-powerhouses. ♡
What’s to love about this salsa recipe?
- Minimal kitchen time! From prep to corn chip scooping, we’re talking 10 minutes max.
- How well it pairs with Julia Turshen’s Paloma slushies (from Julia’s Small Victories cookbook — a true treasure), or any frozen tequila-based beverage.
- And of course, no sugar added—the addition of fresh strawberries and carrot add all the sweetness you need. 🙌
How to make the best salsa
- Gather the ingredients and take out a large-capacity food processor.
- Prep the ingredients: peel and roughly chop carrots, wash the strawberries and cilantro, and peel the garlic cloves.
- Toss all ingredients into the food processor and pulse until you reach a restaurant-style consistency.
- Taste and add extra salt, lime, or cilantro as you’d like.
- Get your corn chips and dig in. ♡
Salsa recipe notes
I prefer a thin, restaurant-style salsa consistency. If you prefer your salsa a little chunkier, simply pulse for less time.
If you make this salsa recipe, let me know in the comments below and leave a rating—I love to hear from you!
More of my favorite Mexican recipes
- Healthy One Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice Recipe
- Mexican Bean Salad
- Hearty Ground Beef Chili Recipe
- Sautéed Sweet Corn with Red Pepper and Cilantro
Best Salsa Recipe with Strawberries
- 1 can whole tomatoes 736 ml can
- 1 medium carrot peeled and finely diced
- 1 small onion chopped into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno pepper roughy chopped — seeds removed for a milder salsa — keep some seeds for a hotter salsa
- 4 fresh strawberries medium-sized
- 2 limes (the juice)
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt less if using table salt
- Add all ingredients to a large food processor, and pulse until you've reached the consistency you prefer. I like a restaurant-style (thinner, less chunky) salsa.
- Add additional lime, salt, and cilantro to taste.
- Serve with corn chips!