These easy oven-roasted carrots are tossed in olive oil with salt and pepper and roasted until tender and slightly browning, then topped with a yummy tahini dressing and fresh mint.
I’m generally all about the veggies, and these oven-roasted carrots with tahini dressing are going into my regular veggie rotation. Not only are these carrots a delicious side dish, perfect for any occasion, they’re also bright, healthy, and really easy to make. And while I’ve loosely given them side-dish status, if you wanted to top a bowl of rice, couscous, or quinoa with these roasted carrots and the accompanying tahini dressing, you’d be in for a hearty and tasty vegetarian meal.
As mentioned, this side dish is quick and easy. A no fuss dish that wows.
How to roast carrots
It really doesn’t get anymore basic.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place peeled, sliced carrots on the baking sheet.
- Toss the carrots with a glug of olive oil and a few pinches of kosher salt and pepper.
- Place them in the oven and let them roast. Flip after 10-15 minutes.
And that’s it. While the carrots are roasting chop the fresh mint and make the tahini dressing.
How to make tahini dressing
I love the earthy, nuttiness of tahini dressing and enjoy this on everything—salad, roasted veggies, raw veg as a dip, drizzled on avocado toasts…but back to this dressing. It’s super simple.
- In a mason jar or small mixing bowl, combine tahini, olive oil, lemon, water, and salt and pepper.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over oven-roasted carrots.
What to pair with oven-roasted carrots?
- These carrots are the perfect companion to your holiday turkey and ham.
- Sunday pot roast, brisket, and grilled beef tenderloin — yes.
- Amazing served over herbed rice, quinoa, or couscous as a vegetarian main.
If you give these oven-roasted carrots a try, let me know in the comments below. I love to hear from you!
Looking for more delicious veggie side dishes? Check out these favs.
- SAUTÉED SWEET CORN WITH RED PEPPER AND CILANTRO
- RAINBOW BEET SALAD WITH FETA AND MINT
- BRUSSEL SPROUT SLAW WITH CRANBERRIES, CASHEWS AND APPLES
- BEETROOT AND HALLOUMI SALAD WITH APPLES
Oven-Roasted Carrots with Tahini Dressing
- 1 lbs carrots – any kind will do – I use Nantes peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh mint roughly chopped
Easy Tahini Dressing
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- juice of a quarter lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- pinch of kosher salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and slice carrots lengthwise. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, enough to lightly coat the carrots, and sprinkle a couple of pinches of kosher salt and fresh pepper. Use your hands to mix and ensure the carrots are evenly coated.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork, and browning. Flip the carrots at the roasting half point.
- Once roasted, place in a serving bowl. Drizzle the tahini dressing over top and sprinkle a handful of roughly chopped fresh mint.
Easy Tahini Dressing
- Add oil, tahini, lemon, water, and salt and pepper to a small mason jar with a lid and shake until well combined and smooth.