This mango spinach smoothie is bright, healthy, and loaded with feel-good ingredients like frozen mango, fresh mint, baby spinach, freshly squeezed lime, and freshly squeezed orange juice. The best green smoothie hands down.
About this mango spinach smoothie
On the whole spectrum of green and possible greens for a smoothie to be, this green is the one you want. I mean, look at that glorious, bright (almost neon—in a good way) green. It also tastes as good as it looks.
Frozen mango gives this healthy green smoothie its sweet, fruity base and makes life easy. Grab a bag of frozen mangos and pop them into a blender. I always keep a bag on hand.
Next, another kitchen staple. Washed baby spinach. Yes, an absolute kitchen must-have. Pre-washed baby spinach is the best. Add it to sauces (see my avocado spinach pasta recipe), your favorite frittata recipe, and of course, a handful into your morning smoothie. The subtle flavor of spinach lets the mango, mint, and citrus stand out while you get a healthy dose of nutrient-loaded, leafy greens. 🙌
What you’ll need to make this mango spinach smoothie
- A power blender, I use this Vitamix. Ensure your blender is powerful enough to blend the mixture until smooth and creamy (with no bits of spinach remaining).
- One cup of
frozenchopped mango, half a cup packed baby spinach, seven large mint leaves, the juice of one juicy navel orange, the juice of half a lime, and one and a half cups of cold water.
How to make this mango spinach smoothie
- Add all the ingredients to your blender.
- Start on the lowest setting and gradually ramp up to the highest setting.
- Continue blending on high until creamy and smooth. This might be 10 seconds, or 20, or more depending on your blender.
If you want to double down on your green smoothie benefits, add kale to the mix and make it a kale spinach smoothie. In this case, you can replace the half cup of spinach with a quarter cup each of kale and spinach. Or swap entirely for kale. Either way, a healthy green smoothie is the best way to start your day.
If you make this mango spinach smoothie, let me know in the comments below. I love to hear from you!
Want more healthy breakfast recipes? Try these favs!
- HEALTHY DATE ENERGY BALLS
- HEALTHY MAPLE GRANOLA RECIPE
- EASY HEALTHY BLUEBERRY CRISP
- BLUEBERRY COCONUT MUFFINS
Mango Spinach Smoothie with Mint and Citrus
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup packed baby spinach
- juice of one navel orange
- juice of half a lime
- 7 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Place all in a power blender—vitamix, ninja or similar—and blend, starting on the lowest setting, gradually increasing to the highest setting, until completely smooth and creamy.