Spring is here (hooray!) and it feels so fitting to post this delicious fave green salad. I was inspired by the salads at Mandy’s (a beautifully adorned—gourmet salad-focused restaurant here in Montreal that makes THE BEST salads…if you haven’t been, go). Mandy’s salads are loaded. There’s nothing skimpy or dainty about them. Veggie packed and full of flavour. My go-to is the “FAVE” and this recipe is my twist on it.
Portion-wise, this is perfect for one (hungry salad loving human) or two if serving as a side dish. It’s full of good healthy stuff (broccoli, avocado, basil, almonds) and satisfyingly crunchy. I could eat this all day, everyday.
I could also eat this yummy asian salad on a pretty regular basis.
Fave Green Salad
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce washed
- 1 cup watercress washed
- 1 cup small broccoli florets (torn or chopped into small bites)
- 1/2 an avocado pitted and chopped into bites
- 1 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted slivered almonds unsalted
- 1/4 cup crushed pita chips Stacey's multigrain
- 2 tbsp parmesan reggiano shavings or grated
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp water
- salt and pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, toss salad ingredients.
- In a small mason jar, combine dressing ingredients. Shake until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well-coated. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply