This coconut and sweet potato soup is so flavourful and delicious. It’s made with coconut milk, sweet potatoes, ginger, garlic, and onion, all blended until smooth and creamy.
About this coconut and sweet potato soup
- The mixture of coconut milk and sweet potato makes this soup super creamy and subtly sweet.
- This soup is loaded with healthy, nutritious ingredients like turmeric, ginger, and garlic. So if you’re looking to eat wholesome fresh food that tastes amazing, this soup is for you.
- With a short ingredient list, this soup comes together fast, with very minimal veggie prep.
- Make it as smooth as you’d like. I sometimes blend only half the sweet potatoes for a more textured soup.
What you need to make this coconut and sweet potato soup
- Coconut milk
- Sweet potato
- Vegetable stock
- Fresh ginger
- Tumeric powder
Guys, an ingredient list doesn’t get much shorter or more simple 🙌
Handy kitchen tools for making soup
- This immersion blender is what I use. It’s heavy-duty and I love the add-ons it comes with.
- For a truly smooth soup, you can’t beat using a Vitamix.
- A durable stove to oven pot / dutch oven. This 6 quart Lodge pot is the perfect size for soup making.
If you give this coconut and sweet potato soup a try, let me know in the comments. I love to hear from you!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SOUP RECIPES? CHECK OUT SOME FAN FAVS!
Coconut and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbsp fresh gingeroot minced
- 4 cups sweet potato peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- 900 ml vegetable broth 1 carton
- 400 ml coconut milk 1 can
- In a large stove top pot, heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Toss in chopped onion and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Add in ginger, sweet potato cubes, salt, and turmeric. Stir to coat.
- Pour in vegetable broth and coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil. Let boil for 15-20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Use a hand-held immersion blender to puree the soup. Make it completely smooth or leave some sweet potato cubes intact for more texture.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @mondaysundaykitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #mondaysundaykitchen!
Leave a Reply