These butterscotch marshmallow squares are fudgy, colorful, and loaded with mini marshmallows and crushed social tea cookies. They are beyond good and perfect for Easter celebrations.
The long weekend is upon us and I say it’s time to break out the goodies. Easter chocolates, decadent desserts (like these oh-so-good butterscotch marshmallows squares made with social tea cookies and colorful mini marshmallows), and of course calorie-loaded apps and entrees.
Next week we’ll eat only salad, ok?
About these butterscotch marshmallow squares
The color palette of these sweet, almost fudge-like squares is as Easter compliant as it gets. They also happen to be a major kid favorite. Pretty pastel marshmallows are hard for kids (and adults) to resist. Truth.
- Social tea cookies
- Mini colored marshmallows
- A pinch of salt
How to make butterscotch marshmallow squares
- Use a food processor to pulse the social tea cookies into very fine crumbs. *In place of a food processor, add social tea cookies to an extra-large ziplock bag, seal and use a rolling pin to crush into crumbs.
- In a double boiler (or a very heavy-bottomed pot) over low heat, combine sugar and beaten eggs. Add in the butter (cut into smaller cubes), vanilla, and a pinch of kosher salt. Stir frequently for 25 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. Do NOT bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, stir in the social tea cookie crumbs, followed by the mini marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into a greased or parchment-lined 9 x 9-inch baking pan and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and devour.
If you give these butterscotch marshmallow squares a try, let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you!
Looking for more Easter dessert recipes? Try these favorites!
- LEMON SQUARES WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST
- CHEWY CHOCOLATE WONDERS
- RASPBERRY COBBLER, PIONEER STYLE
- BEST ZUCCHINI CAKE RECIPE WITH BROWN SUGAR ICING
Butterscotch Marshmallow Squares
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs well beaten
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of kosher salt
- 45 social tea cookies ~ half of a 525-gram box
- 2 cups mini multicolored marshmallows
- Line 9 x 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper (or grease lightly with butter) and set aside.
- Add sugar, vanilla, salt and beaten eggs to a double boiler and stir. Add in butter and stir frequently while the butter melts.
- Cook for 25 minutes, stirring often, until thick and smooth. Remove and let cool for 10-15 minutes (stirring once or twice).
- Meanwhile, using a rolling pin or a food processor, pulse (or roll) social tea cookies into almost fine crumbs.
- Add social tea cookie crumbs to the butterscotch and mix until well combined.
- Stir in marshmallows and fold into the prepared baking pan. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.