I’ve made these blondies a GAZILLION times (recipe from my fav, Smitten Kitchen). If you’re having pals over impromptu and looking for a crowd pleasing dessert, try these out. This is my ‘I’m so rushed – have no time to host’ dessert because I can whip them up in ONE bowl in under 5 minutes and in 25 minutes I’ve got a dessert kids and adults alike will swoon over. My favorite addition is straight-up semi-sweet chocolate chips, but in the past I’ve made them with peanut butter chipits, toasted walnuts/pecans, skor bits, and milk/white chocolate. Go bananas and try any combo that suits your fancy.
Seriously Smitten with these Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips or up to a cup of whatever you want!
- 1/4 cup scotch if you're feeling boozy (you can use bourbon or whiskey too but make sure to add an extra tbsp of flour)
- Butter an 8×8 pan.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar — beat until smooth.
- Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour. Mix in any additions.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, or until set in the middle. Cool on rack before cutting. Enjoy!