It’s spring again and it feels like life is flying by. While I’m beyond excited for every new milestone my son reaches, they make me realize he won’t be a baby forever and I get all emotional. Hormones. I guess they’re still not back to normal. Actually I’m pretty sure they’ve been altered for good. And I still can’t read this baby book without weeping. I’ve tried a few times.
Back to food talk. I wanted to post this heavenly pie recipe earlier in the week, but Monday night I was struck down with a case of food poisoning — that or some nasty 24 hour stomach flu. So here it is. Probably one of the simplest pie recipes out there. I spent last weekend in the country with my parents and my mom whipped this up in about 5 minutes. Yeah, she did.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
- 1.66 litre vanilla ice cream I used Breyers original vanilla, but you could also use vanilla frozen yogurt for a healthier alternative
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 1 large milk chocolate bar melted (for drizzling)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Combine all ingredients; press over bottom and up sides of two 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Or, just buy the pre-made ones at the market (that’s what we did!).
- With an electric beater, combine ice cream (let soften at room temperature for 15 minutes before beating) and peanut butter until smooth.
- Spread half of the crushed peanuts over the graham cracker crust.
- Drizzle some chocolate sauce over the peanuts if you’d like and then top with the ice cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts on top and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Freeze over night or at least for a few hours before serving. Take out 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy.