If you’re looking for a healthy, quick to assemble side (or main!), look no further! This roasted zucchini and peppers with goat cheese dish is beyond simple. Whip it up in 5 minutes or less, and then sit back and relax. What makes this dish extra good, extra special, is the warm goat cheese topping and fresh mint. Did I have you at warm goat cheese?
Roasted zucchini and peppers with goat cheese
- 1 large yellow onion chopped into chunks
- 1 medium zucchini quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/4 thick
- 1/2 a large yellow pepper roughly chopped into 1/2 bites
- 1/2 a large red bell pepper roughly chopped into 1/2 bites
- 1/4 tsp ground dried coriander
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 65 grams plain goat cheese (~ 1/4 cup)
- 2 tbsp freshly mint roughly chopped -- basil is also lovely here...really you can use any fresh herb you please!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- On a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the chopped veggies with oil, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Roast for 35 minutes—give it a stir once or twice.
- Remove and sprinkle with goat cheese.
- Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes—until the goat cheese is hot and just beginning to brown.
- Remove and sprinkle with the fresh mint.
- Serve as a side with your favorite meat dish or as a vegetarian main over some fragrant basmati rice, or roasted chickpeas. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply