My mom’s been making this forever and I’m not sure where she got her recipe from, but I’ve seen versions of this everywhere. Served with whipped cream, it’s awesome.
Almond Raspberry Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 can of raspberry pie filling 19 or 21 ounces
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add almond extract.
- Stir in flour and baking powder and mix until smooth.
- Butter a 9 x 13 cake pan and pour mixture into pan.
- Spoon pie filling all over the cake spreading out evenly - my spoonfuls were about 1 1/2 tbsps, with some smaller ones in between.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until golden.
- Top with whipped cream. Enjoy.