This is just ONE of the stuffings I’ll be eating this Christmas. My mom makes three kinds of stuffing. That’s right, three different kinds. There’s a slight tendency in my family to ‘over-do’ things – especially when it comes to food. Not only does this recipe go well with a turkey dinner, it’s also deliciously paired with seafood of any kind, and generally a fun alternative to the traditional potato or plain rice side dish.
Wild Rice Stuffing
- 3 cups cooked long grain wild rice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp tabasco
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 5 cups breadcrumbs I use brown bread
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice.
- In a large saucepan saute celery and onion in butter.
- Add tabasco and poultry seasoning. Cook until tender (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Mix in cooked rice.
- Add breadcrumbs, bouillon, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prior to serving, warm up at 350 for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply