It’s feeling like a treat yourself day to me. Tomorrow will likely be all about salad, but today we’re going full-on chocolate. So get yourself a big tall glass of milk (or wine) and settle in with a good book and a plateful of these white chipit double chocolate cookies.
About these cookies and why you’ll love em:
1. They are loaded with chocolate (read: melted bakers chocolate + coco powder + chipits). No messing around here.
2. Super crispy on the outside, and very chewy inside.
3. This recipe makes roughly 48 cookies—so you can make a batch or two and then roll up and freeze the rest to enjoy ANYTIME. YOU. WANT.
White Chipit Double Chocolate Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 56.25 grams semi-sweet bakers chocolate melted (8 squares) melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup coco powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 package white chocolate chips 225 grams
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add butter and semi-sweet chocolate (cubed/broken up) and microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minute (on the lowest power level), stirring twice. The goal is to melt the butter and chocolate, not to cook it at all!
- Using a kitchen aid stand mixer on the lowest speed (using the paddle attachment), combine melted butter/chocolate with brown and white sugar. (Use a regular beater in place of a stand mixer.)
- Add in the vanilla and two eggs and increase speed to medium high. Beat until light and fluffy -- approximately 8-10 minutes (see photo number 3).
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, coco, baking powder and salt.
- Once the butter/sugar/egg mixture is fluffy, carefully add in (on low speed!) the flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Remove the mixing bowl from the stand and with a wooden spoon, fold in chipits.
- Roll tablespoon sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets two inches apart. Give them all a good press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes (a little less or a little more, depending on the size you make them). Enjoy!