Best Chewy Chocolate Fudge Brownie Recipe || These rich, fudgy, chewy chocolate brownies are as good as it gets. Best served warm, with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
When I’m entertaining (and rushed) and dessert is the last thing I need to squeeze in before dinner guests arrive, my go-to recipe is ALWAYS these chewy chocolate fudge brownies.
When the clock’s ticking, floors need to be vacuumed, and I need a shower, these rich fudgy brownies are my saving grace. As are these oh-so-good blondies from Smitten Kitchen, but that’s for another day.
The best chewy chocolate fudge brownie recipe:
I love these brownies for many reasons, but here are my top 5.
- Easy peasy, fast and simple. I’m talking 5 minutes from start to oven-ready.
- They are THE BEST chocolate fudge brownies. I know, I know, people feel strongly about brownie recipes and many claim the same, so you’re just going to have to take a leap of faith on this one, ok?
- SO gooey, and so rich—very important brownie adjectives.
- How deliciously good and chocolatey my house smells while these chewy brownies are baking.
- Their ability to silence little people. Little people really like chocolate brownies and when face to face with a plate of these chewy marvels, I can almost guarantee a most peaceful silence and sugar-induced coma-like state.
Ok, one more solid reason to try these the next time you’re looking for a quick, chocolatey crowd-pleasing treat? These brownies are tried-and-true. My family has been making them for decades. The original recipe comes from my mum’s high school reunion cookbook.
Plus, over the years, many of my friends have dropped their other brownie recipes in favor of this one. Just saying.
P.S. Are you all about the edges, or do you prefer your brownies from the middle? Let me know in the comments.