Kale and Sautéed Corn Salad
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 1 as a main 2-4 as a side
- 4-5 cups fresh kale washed, dried and chopped into bites - stems removed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn or cooked fresh corn if in season
- olive oil as needed
- a few generous pinches of kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan reggiano finely grated
- a squeeze of fresh lemon optional
Wash, dry and chop (or tear) kale leaves (removing the stem). Place in a large salad bowl.
Lightly drizzle olive oil over kale and—using your hands—give the kale a little massage. Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt.
Grab a bag of frozen sweet corn from the freezer (or fresh, cooked corn if you have on hand). In a stove top pan on high heat, add a dash of olive oil, 1 cup of corn, a good pinch of kosher salt and fresh pepper. Stir until piping hot, usually no more than 2-3 minutes.
Tip the corn on top of the kale, and grate parmesan reggiano over top. Squeeze a little lemon over top if using.